Our jewellery are gold or silver plated, manufactured with advanced plating technology, it is much thicker than ordinary plating which also allows it to have better colour retention.
Please note that all plated jewellery will gradually wear over time due to the effects of moisture, oil, sweat and oxidation from the air that we breathe. The duration of the colour retention also depends on the following factors:
- Firstly, each person's endocrine system is different and the degree of colour preservation will depend on it. Some people's sweat contains more acid which will cause plated jewellery to tarnish faster.
- Secondly, how you care for your jewellery is also important. How you care for them will make your favourite jewellery last longer. Our jewellery can lasts up to 6 months to 1 year depending on their plating thickness and if they are cared for properly. If not properly cared for ie. daily wear without cleaning, our jewellery will last up to 1 months to 3 months.
♡ Jewellery Care Instructions ♡
- Try not to wear your jewellery while exercising, showering and swimming as the sweat and chlorine will tarnish it. After showering make sure that you are dry before putting any plated jewellery. Apply all lotions and perfumes before putting the jewellery on. Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your plated jewellery.
- Remember the 'Last On/First Off' rule. Jewellery should be the last thing you put on after makeup and other accessories and should be the first thing you take off. Don't sleep in your plated jewellery due to friction.
- After every use, clean your plated jewellery using a small section of slightly damp cloth and gently wipe off the dust, dirt or other substances, then dry them with a clean towel. Stay away from jewellery cleaners, antibacterial soaps and tarnish remover which may contain corrosives that will make your plated jewellery tarnish more quickly.
- Store your plated jewellery pieces in an air-tight packaging that it came in when not being worn to minimise tarnish. Don't keep all your plated jewellery together to avoid friction that will wear away the layer of gold or silver.